Monday, March 18, 2013

Food: 90% Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie (90% Homemade)

Chicken Pot Pie
Photo By: Amara Ryder

Here was tonight's dinner: Chicken Pot Pie, yum! I think this dish is one that I always crave. It's just so good and definitely one of those comfort foods perfect for a cold rainy night like tonight. I have plenty more pictures that I'll post in an update in a little bit. I wanted to get in one post before the night is over and I'm not sure how much time I have to spare with the baby and just my never ending, on going "to-do" list.

Well a quick explanation on why I say it's 90% Homemade Chicken Pot Pie. It's because I made the crust from scratch, used fresh chicken, a mix of fresh and frozen veggies, but I used condensed cream of chicken soup.. 2 cans of it. I wanted to get rid of them so I had to use them, plus I didn't bother to look for a recipe for cream of chicken because it was one of those things where opening the can and pouring it in just was too easy not to do, haha. Well I will post more pictures later along with the step by step photos. Needless to say this turned out so good, my husband and I ate half the casserole ourselves! We were just talking about portion sizes too and how awful we could probably finish the whole thing that could serve about 6-8 ppl. We were hungry. 





No comments:

Post a Comment